What is a Keypad Round?
A keypad round is one where you will use your device to answer questions i various different ways. The most common method is linked to answering a letter question. Other ways of answering include multiple-choice, numbers and sequences.
Your Quizmaster will ask a question and will be looking for an answer by means of a letter. All you have to do is touch that letter on your device and it will register on the Quizmasters computer.
- Your answer will be a single letter
- This letter will be the first letter of the answer
- Only exceptions to this rule are when the first word is ‘The’ or ‘A’
- If the answer is ‘The Ship’ you would answer ‘S’
- If the answer is ‘A pint’, you would answer ‘P’
- When the answer is a persons name you answer as a first name (Unless stated otherwise)
- If the answer includes title like ‘Prince’, this is disregarded (Unless stated otherwise)
What You Will See On Your Device
- A question will be asked where the answer is a number
- This can be any number of any length
- Type the answer into your device and HIT ENTER
- Failure to hit enter means your answer is not submitted
This is pretty self-explanatory.
- You will be asked a question
- The answer will be by a single tap on your device
- Your choice will range from A to F, often less
- There will not always be six choices
- You can answer at any time at your own risk
- The fastest team to answer correctly will receive a speed bonus
- You will have 10 seconds to answer
- You will be asked a question or set a task
- The answer will be as a sorted order
- Tap the options on your device in the order you would like to answer
- At any time before your last tap, you can change the order by tapping on any previous answer to deselect it.
- Points are awarded to the teams getting the correct order
- A speed bonus will go the team to answer correctly the fastest
Given that we allocate 10 points to a correct answer
If your answer is correct, you will be awarded 10 points
For an explanation of how the speed bonus works, click THIS LINK