We end every quiz with the nearest wins question.
What Is A Nearest Wins Question?
A nearest wins question is a question where the team with the answer nearest to the correct answer wins the points. A wee explanation follows.
- A nearest wins question is a question where a number is the answer
- Generally, teams will not know the correct answer and need to make an (un)educated guess.
- On occasion a team, if it has knowledge of the subject of the question, may know the correct answer but this is not typical.
- When the question is asked, teams have 10 seconds to enter their best guess.
- When the timer ends, and after a run-through of the answers given, the correct answer is displayed on the live screen.
- The closest team is announced and the points are awarded to that team.
- If more than one team is the same distance from the correct answer, it is the team that answered correctly first that is awarded the points.